Jerbl.com Forum

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-27 10:24:39

Isn't this exciting/

This has been an exciting week. I am curretly in the Salt Lake City LDS Hospital because I have....a life threatening blood disease, and today I don't get any plasma! I had a fever of one hundred and seven. Don't ask me how 'I have survived, save for lots of prayers...LOTS of prayers. ^.^ But thankfully, I am recovering quickly, and should be out by the end of the week. ^_^ My arms look like blueberry muffins. <.<

Feel your presence filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in - Rebirthing Full, Skillet

#2 2006-11-02 22:48:06

Re: Isn't this exciting/

I take that back....make that another couple of weeks here.

#3 2006-11-04 16:52:40

jerbl

Wo, many wishes from my direction.

#4 2006-11-06 00:01:30

Thank you. *Bows*

Father has perserved me greatly in this. My platelets are back up, thankfully. I have what's called TTP. Tomorrow they are gonna see how I do without the plasma and I pray that I will not go so downhill so fast yet again. I actually had a fever that reached one hundred and seven at one point. I was delirious for a couple days a couple weeks ago. I've been in the hospital for a couple weeks now and well still yet be here for longer. I got another blessing today, and in it Father said that I wouldn't be here any longer than I am supposed to. So you could say that's good and bad!

My plasma IS looking clearer. They'll still be giving me plasma...they have given me six transfusions of blood as well. I am really holding my breath...but despite all these things and how many times I get shot with needles and all the steroids I'm getting.@_@...

Father has said in the blessings I've gotten this will take much patience and long suffering. Even after I get out of this hospital, they will be monitoring me very closely, but at least I will be able to go back to serving my mission! I am still weak and all...and now I have to get two shots of insulin, hooray, while I am typing this post. The steroids are giving me an extremely high sugar rate, which is one of the effects of steroids. Wheeeeeee. I've never been so poked in my life. Just today I've had...now......I believe....seven or eight insulin shots, six or seven pokes for the blood sugar, plus the blood draw and the plasma today. My arms look like blueberry muffins. Yech. But life...will go on. Yes! It will!

Thank you for your prayers. Have a great day!

#5 2006-11-06 04:12:44

Talduras

Wikipedia article on TTP (for those who are interested).

BTW, when you type acronyms into Wikipedia, their search engine tends to go to a disambiguation page (disambiguation is their word for narrowing down your search, and they have specially constructed pages for it no less).  Makes me want to type random acronyms in... if I had the time and was really bored.  Being a college student gives me little of either.

When asked about his opinion of the PS3's competing systems, 360 and Wii, Sony's SCE president, Ken Kutaragi, says:  "We don't care."
Translation:  "We're going to get 0wned this gen."

#6 2006-11-06 16:17:11

Thanks for the link. I remember looking that up when I first found out I had it. Too bad I can't even pronoune what I have....

But you're right. Typing in random acronyms would be kinda fun. I'll have to try it someday, just to see what happens.

Board footer