E-Mail Me Your Ideas
SPOTLIGHT FOR FIRST YEAR BEEHIVE
1. Where were you born?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
5. Who is your scriptural hero? Why?
6. What do you feel are some of your talents?
7. What did you do for one of your Gospel in Action goals?
8. Which Article of Faith was the easiest to memorize?
SPOTLIGHT FOR SECOND YEAR BEEHIVE
1. What is something new you would like to
2. What is the biggest change for you going from elementary to middle school or junior high?
3. What is one trial you have had to over come this year?
4. If you could give a gift to Heavenly Father, what would it be? It cannot be bought or made.
5. How do you plan to strengthen your family this year?
6. Tell us a quality you admire in one of your parents.
SPOTLIGHT FOR FIRST YEAR MIA MAID
1. If you could go anywhere in the world,
would you go? Why?
2. How do you plan to get close to your Heavenly Father this year?
3. What peer pressure do you feel the most and what ways are you handling it?
4. If you could have any car you wanted, what would it be?
5. Who is your scriptural hero?
6. When you get the New Era, what section do you go to first?
SPOTLIGHT FOR SECOND YEAR MIA MAID
1. How are you preparing yourself to
your Patriarchal Blessing?
2. What do you like to talk about the most with your parents?
3. Name your favorite value and what does it mean to you?
4. By your actions how do people know you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
5. When isyour favorite time to study the scriptures?
6. What is your favorite family tradition?
SPOTLIGHT FOR FIRST YEAR LAUREL
1. What does it mean to you to be a
2. In what way do you honor your parents?
3. What characteristic do you look for in a guy?
4. In what way are you preparing for college?
5. What is your favorite thing to shop for?
6. Has prayer helped you in a decision you have had to make?
SPOTLIGHT FOR SECOND YEAR LAUREL
1. What do you think is an important
to have in a husband?
2. What blessings have you received from paying tithing?
3. What experience have you had that has brought you closer to your Heavenly Father?
4. What ways are you preparing to receive the ordinances of the temple?
5. What Article of Faith was the easiest to learn?
6. How do you plan to strengthen your family this year?
SPOTLIGHT FOR YOUNG WOMEN LEADER
YW Leader Position: _______________________
1. Your favorite pastime.
2. One special event in the past year.
3. Are you reading the scriptures?
4. Your favorite scripture?
5. What adult in the (Ward Name) do you admire? Why?
6. What temple is your favorite and why?
7. How do you feel about your calling in YW?
8. Do you set goals with your family?
9. Are you keeping a journal?
10. How do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Each years set of questions are on separate
We, of course, allow room between questions for the YW to write her
We decorated the top corner of each paper with clip art (Beehives
were teddy bears, Mia Maids were hearts, and Laurels were
We photo copied each page on value colored paper using all value colors
(white were the leaders and the remainder colors were the YW
As I said before, the birthday girl and the YW she chose to ready
the questions and answers would stand in front
during opening excercies and read the question and responses to the other girls. This was a way of learning about the birthday girl. She also received a minature figurine of a woman. The questionaire was completed the Sunday before her birthday or at times, theSunday she was being spotlighted.
The young women of our ward have really enjoyed being spotlighted with these questions as well as hearing how the other YW answer the questions. Arla