Jerbl.com Forum

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-13 20:45:15

jerbl

Excerpt from a school assignment on the importance of faith in my life

I've always wondered what it would take for me to leave the church.  Strangely, I've never thought that it would be any strange doctrine or occurrence in the church's history, but rather that it would be from apathy.  I would slowly stop doing the things that make the most difference in my life, because I didn't have enough time.  Scripture study, prayer, church attendance, tithing, basically the basic things that open the communication between the mortal and spiritual, eventually closing my spiritual eyes completely, and then I would be susceptible to a falling away.  I wouldn't know I was falling away, because I would just not be where I was supposed to be, time after time.  I've also heard someone that told me that I should never say that I would "never apostatize" because that was the first step to full apostasy.  These are all things that I have thought about anyway, but like you say, the faith that keeps us going day after day is the most important thing that will bind us to God and Jesus, and keep us on the straight and narrow.  We aren't here to be perfectly obedient, but perfectly repentant.  May we all do the needful things and return home to our God and Father.

Board footer