Jerbl.com Forum

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-23 17:01:56

In Which Sledding Becomes Disasterous

Belle Hostler, Eight Star Outlaw, World Traveler, promptly sat down and began to eat some snow until she came to a couple of rocks, which she spat out and they ended up on someone else's head. After a couple of quarreling people decided the cheetah-paterened anthro was something they didn't want to deal with, Belle knotted her multi-colored scarf, put on her snow glasses, and looked back down the other side of the mountain.

"Are you here yet!?" she called, being careful not to be TOO loud so she didn't cause an avalanche. Belle picked up her blue, bowl-shaped sled and brushed off some of the snow.

Feel your presence filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in - Rebirthing Full, Skillet

#2 2006-01-23 17:10:13

Re: In Which Sledding Becomes Disasterous

With a lop-sided grin, Sir Pounce replied, "Nope."

When all is said and done, the future is not yet written.-Goliath from the Gargoyles cartoon
<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#3 2006-01-23 17:11:11

"Then how are we supposed to go sledding if you don't get you and your sled up here? Do I have to come pick you up?" Belle asked, setting down her sled and jumping in it.

#4 2006-01-23 17:12:56

Pounce stepped out from behind a tree and retorted, "Can't you take a little attempt at sarcasm?"

Pounce flounced onto her plastic, yellow tobogin (sp?) and went zooming down the hill.

When all is said and done, the future is not yet written.-Goliath from the Gargoyles cartoon
<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#5 2006-01-23 17:14:00

Belle waited until she was about halfway down the slope before lazily pushing herself forward.  "I'm coming to get you!" she screamed, picking up speed.

#6 2006-01-23 17:17:59

Pounce sped down the hill, laughing like a cub.  She called out, "Ya gotta do better than that!"  Pounce then realized she was headed for a boulder and in trying to dodge the boulder fell off the tabogin (sp?).  She was now zooming down the hill on her belly, screaming, "YEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!"

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#7 2006-01-23 17:20:53

Belle had already seen that coming.  She bent low as the white snow spray fumed behind her.  Belle shot down the slope, reaching over and picking up the rolling Pounce and slammed her in the back.

"I did better!" she laughed, narrowly missing a few large pine trees.  People scattered out of the way.

#8 2006-01-23 17:22:09

Pounce mock-scowled and pointed out, "I haven't done this in several decades."

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#9 2006-01-23 17:27:10

Without warning, suddenly Belle and Pounce were flying off a large cliff.  Belle's stomach went sickeningly upward.

"Ahhhh!" Belle yelped.  "I hope you haven't been eating second desserts!" Belle slid out of the sled, commenting to herself, "At least the scenery is beautiful." 

Belle curled herself into a ball, the rush and woosh of the air defeaning as she gathered more and more speed.  She only hoped Pounce wouldn't hit her in the head because then they'd go smack into the ground and that wouldn't be comfortable at all. 

Slowly Belle closed her eyes and half a second later her steel blue wings snapped out and sparks flew in the air.  Painfully she beat her wings.

#10 2006-01-23 17:30:17

Pounce leapt into the air, a little to the left, and went wolf.  She began running before her feet even touched back onto the ground.  (OOC: I get that idea from the lines "Hit the ground runnin'" off of a song I only know about because of Shrek.) IC: Pounce was running at top noche, and she was leaving an amazing set of tracks....But she didn't care.  Running was easier to control than sledding...

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#11 2006-01-23 17:33:52

Belle didn't see Pounce get to safety because the sled smacked her in the head and she almost knocked herself out!

#12 2006-01-23 17:37:19

Pounce did not even think to look for the sled.  She merely thought, :Belle, you okay?  Lucky me with Telekinetics and landing in the running position...:

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#13 2006-01-23 17:39:46

Belle was cold, hazy, and thinking that she weighed too much!

:Time to teleport!: Belle whined and teleported, with the sled on top of her head, next to Pounce.

#14 2006-01-23 17:41:36

Pounce began slowing her pace.  "You sure you're okay?"  Pounce turned  and faced Belle, finally coming to a stop.

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#15 2006-01-23 17:45:30

Belle recovered quite quickly.  So much she went wolf and tossed the sled out of the way.  "I'll race you down to the end!"

#16 2006-01-23 17:47:11

"Aww, but you have type-advantaged," Pounce teased, though she was already beginning to run at full speed and toward the bottom of the sled-range. (word choice?)

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#17 2006-01-23 17:52:01

Belle lowered her muzzle and gathered a snow ball in her mouth, then spit it right at Pounce, giggling madly!

#18 2006-01-23 17:53:55

Pounce felt the impact on her flank, and she jumped up and to one side.  Pounce rolled a short ways on the snow before getting her feet back under her.  She didn't bother getting a snow ball in her mouth.  She just telekinetically built one and tossed it straight up, not caring where it landed.

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#19 2006-01-23 17:55:52

Unfortunately, her "aim" was...lousy and it fell on her own head!

"That's what ya get for cheating!" Belle called back, scampering forward. She zoomed past the finish line and then danced around in the trees, gathering snowballs right and left.

#20 2006-01-23 17:58:07

Pounce nose-dived into the snow and grumbled, :You started it.:  She began burrowing such that she soon had a mini-snow fort.

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#21 2006-01-23 17:59:07

:You're just jealous you didn't!: Belle replied, smirking, shoveling piles of snow in front of her.  :You can't get me!:

#22 2006-01-23 18:02:40

Pounce psychically blasted all of her snow-front at Belle, splattering innocent passers-by.  "SORRY!" she called out as the innocents made vocal complaints.

To Belle, the one-eared wolf called, "More like, Jealous that you threw a ball to distract me so you'd cross the finishing line.  Eat my snow!"  Pounce gave another psychic blast.  Then she fell into a pit.  "Eh?  Vas ist das?" She forgot the snow fight, even as more snow (you say where from, Cobrake) came piling back on top of her.  She nuzzled something beneath her feet at yelped as she dropped a few yards.

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#23 2006-01-23 18:07:50

Belle grabbed a snow cone and put it to use, putting berry juice and whatnot over it before shoving the juices back in her pocket dimension.  She didn't care when the snow plopped over her. She was enjoying her snow cone, after all. Mmmmm. But then the German caught her attention.  Shoving the rest of the cone in her mouth so that her cheeks were bulging and after suffering a bit of mind coldness, she trotted over to Pounce's fort.  She tossed some snow on Pounce's head.

"Whatcha..." she tried to say inbetween all of her snow cone-ness and nearly choked.  Quickly she swallowed what was left of her cone and pressed her nose to the ground.  "Ee! Nani?" The burly wolf began pawing at the snow. The ground gave way and Belle and Pounce went tumbling down something and landed in....FROSTING!?

#24 2006-01-23 18:11:50

Pounce muttered, "How'm I s'posed to get frosting out of my fur?"

<br />
<br />grimwoodsig.jpg

#25 2006-01-23 18:15:53

Belle looked around. They were in a large cavern.  There were stalagtites and stalagmites everywhere. Random pieces of candy corn, gum drops, and other various candies were everywhere! It looked sweetening and all too sticky.

"Lick it off?" Belle replied in wonder. "But it sure is a mess down here!"

"I'm so sorry for your troubles!" squeaked something and a zebra-striped mouse only with red instead of black stripes yelped slid down from the ceiling and plopped down beside Belle and Pounce. "The Frosting Waterfall got clogged and so did the Gum Drop Dam.  The evil Lemondrop Brownie King put up jawbreakers so we couldn't help our town. Now the whole city is frosting!" whimpered the little mouse, "And we are too small to move the jawbreakers!"

Board footer