Re: The ART and ARTIST corner.

What's with the varying sizes?  O_o Hmmm...oh well. ^_^

Feel your presence filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in - Rebirthing Full, Skillet

#77 2005-08-08 17:53:51

Monisawa

Okay....

-With the Shading on the wolf-thing, it looks real good...exactly what I had in mind.
-The grass....um, looking at the picture...what comes to mind is #1 it looks good, and the different shades of yellow grass, green grass and perhaps some whiteish...looks real REAL GOOD.  Personally you probably spent too much time on it ^_^.    #2  Ok but we must see that 'the tree is part of a forest' (Figure of speech.)  Basically that means that my ONLY complaint on the grass is that the shading is unreliable....Meaning that if you look at the direction of the source of light....it would cast a shadow at an angle FROM the mushrooms....Also part of the whole shading thing...uh, there is too many highlight points of focus....meaning that realistically the wolf is in a forest....forests ARE DARK.  So the light would focus genterally where you have the rays coming down......so darker darks and expressions of light....

BUT, If I look at the picture stylistically...as if it was its own seperate style...you seem to be creating your own style of shading and such.....so that it looks stylized.....and that means that you are doing unique style that is away from the typical tradition...or at least of the darks and lights that I like.
I hope that helps
mike

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia  (yes this is a real word.)

#78 2005-08-09 03:25:41

Talduras

Monisawa wrote:

....meaning that realistically the wolf is in a forest....forests ARE DARK.  So the light would focus genterally where you have the rays coming down......so darker darks and expressions of light....

Hmm... Actually, the wolf is standing on a [minor] cliff area, so trees may be a bit sparser than usual in that area.  Not to mention, I wouldn't be surprised if Jami's basing this off the forests of the Cedar Mountains.  Those forests tend to have an interesting mixture of dense and sparse, depending on where you stand.  I should know, I have a reunion there every year, camping for 3 days, and it's roughly a 1 hour (more or less) drive from Cedar City to the actual camping spot.  There's a cool lake on the way.  ^_^

When asked about his opinion of the PS3's competing systems, 360 and Wii, Sony's SCE president, Ken Kutaragi, says:  "We don't care."
Translation:  "We're going to get 0wned this gen."

#79 2005-08-20 14:22:12

throughforestspurified22.jpg

tfpclose.jpg

#80 2005-08-20 14:30:32

Monisawa

Just as a side note, I think your sheezyart website went belly up.....it is not loading or working.

#81 2005-08-20 14:46:27

Oh, yah, I know, lol.  They're...they're constantly having surver problems.  Yessssssssss.  Hm.  But...What can I say? They're moving servers for..like the third time in the past couple months.  -_-  What do you think?  Suggestions?

#82 2005-08-20 14:55:17

Monisawa

Why, may I ask, do you really upon a community based board for your art?  I must admit that for publicity it is a good thing, but generally is that all you have in mind?

That did not help you much.

#83 2005-08-20 15:32:54

I hate DA's policies....And I didn't have a website then. SA keeps a tighter hold.

#84 2005-08-20 21:28:46

Monisawa

BTW your picture is coming along BEAUTIFULLY.  I am ashamed to say that I have never put Photoshop to such a rigouros test.  -_-  sigh.... anyway.
thanks
mike

#85 2005-08-20 22:13:31

Agh! No sighing! Happiness! Happiness for Mike! *Hands him cheesecake*  Does this glove look alright?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/ … fied25.jpg

Here's the picture at fifty percent. 

ttry.jpg

#86 2005-08-22 17:37:17

Monisawa

You would probably hate me, but the animal almost looks better with out them.  Perhaps if they were wrist cuffs...but the glove thing was rather strange.  I mean it looks good individually, but....  no time to talk.
thanks
mike

#87 2005-08-22 23:51:07

Hate you? Meh.  No, it's fine. It's for the whip on the hilt, actually, which..yeah..*falls over* Any opinion is appreciate, so long as it's honest.

#88 2005-08-23 02:41:43

Talduras

The creature's weapon is a whip-blade.  The glove thing is supposed to have a small attachment under the wrist that would have a loop for rope to go through.  What does this mean?  A handy sword that can be used somewhat like a whip, and no rope burns.  tongue

The creature itself is supposed to have fingers... but I haven't figured out how that's supposed to look, as stated earlier in this thread.  sad

When asked about his opinion of the PS3's competing systems, 360 and Wii, Sony's SCE president, Ken Kutaragi, says:  "We don't care."

#89 2005-08-23 11:54:44

Whaaa...I'm working on it.  Call down the heavenly moos and help me!  wink

#90 2005-08-23 14:22:19

Monisawa

Isn't it better to figure this out BEFORE you spend 20 hours on a picture?

#91 2005-08-23 23:36:59

Um...uh..computers have wonderful things called erasers.  Less messier.  ^_^

#92 2005-08-24 03:06:41

And Mike, you're sassy. tongue (That's a good thing.)

#93 2005-08-24 03:12:58

Talduras

Monisawa wrote:

Isn't it better to figure this out BEFORE you spend 20 hours on a picture?

Heh heh... I kinda wondered about that myself.  I prefered to get form figured out first (we actually got some of the other races figured out nicely, such as Lythers), but I allowed her free reign to draw any of the races, with help from me if/where needed (mostly directing).  Sometimes she tends to find a nice design randomly, so I'm not sure how effective my "directing is."

Oh, FYI, she seemed to have made the wolf creature look a lot older than it should be.  But, we decided to keep that anyway.  She's doing this pic just to get the hang of realistic art anyway.  So... I can only wonder what she'll try to accomplish with the hands.

#94 2005-08-24 03:13:45

Mwee, I'll try, I'll try. ^_^

#95 2005-10-03 12:02:49

#96 2005-10-27 13:45:28

Monisawa

It is getting there!!!!

#97 2005-10-27 13:49:08

Thanks...I've done more..slow...very..slow.  Wanna see our pic that I'm working on?

#98 2005-10-27 14:06:32

Monisawa

not if its going to spoil the surprise....but if you think it is necassary.  a little peek wouldn't hurt.  But noone else must see it UNTIL IT IS DONE!!!!!  HA HA Haaaa eeehem.   Anyway, I am the kind of person that likes to get things done and then drop it on them  all at once so people don't have time to to....whats the word....uh...discourage or make them not to feel inspired to work on it anymore.  I requested taht from Jeremy while I was working on teamclaw.  Let me do what I need to do and when I am done you can crituqe.  anyway...

#99 2005-10-27 14:07:27

Monisawa

it would be nice to see what way you are doing the pic.

#100 2005-10-27 14:08:57

Sure...um..you want to see it via e-mail or what?

Board footer