Jerbl.com Forum

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

You are not logged in.

#1 General Stuff » Inspirational Thought for the Week » 2019-12-10 16:56:22

jerbl
Replies: 0

The end of each semester is always a challenge to me, as if compressing so much learning into small chunks isn't already difficult, ending that whole process always seems to be the hardest.  But at the same time, it is also a time that I can feel  great achievement, so hopefully everybody feels great about themselves and the progress they are making, but if not, remember that there is a yang for every yin, or for every sadness, there is a joy.  A scripture that helps remind me of this principle is 2 Nephi 2:11-12, with a few tweaks to come at it from another angle, paraphrasing is mine:

...there is [balance] in all things.  If not so...neither [good nor bad] could [happen to us]...all things must needs be a compound in one...[otherwise] there would have been no purpose in the end of [our] creation.

So, hopefully in this time of potential sadness and difficulty, remember that we are entitled to balance by the immutable laws of the universe and the wisdom, eternal purposes, power, mercy and justice of our God and Father above.  Best of luck to all of you!

#2 General Stuff » Reminder to be Humble » 2019-12-09 01:58:14

jerbl
Replies: 0
John Snodgrass wrote:

At this time of year, as we begin to focus on the savior, I take the time on December 7th to briefly remember something on the far opposite end of the spectrum.  On December 7th, 1941 the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and brought the United States officially into World War 2.  I can only imagine the feelings that existed in America when this happened.  There must have been fear, anxiety, anger, worry and a host of other negative emotions.  As I imagine all these things that must have been going through their hearts and minds, I reflect on Doctrine and Covenants 121 and 122.  Joseph Smith was going through a hard time as well, and in section 121 we can see his anxiety and worry while he was in Liberty Jail. After a brief reproof in 122:8 "The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?" The Lord followed up with what I see as great comfort and encouragement in verse 9 "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

For those who find it hard to find the joy during this holiday season, if you feel like you are pushed down under the weight of financial, emotional, physical, or scholastic burdens, please remember that "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less".

The Lord showed Nephi that very thing millennia ago when Nephi worried about the planned destruction of his people and the words of the Savior that night to Nephi is what we need to remember and focus on.  3 Nephi 1:13 "Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world,"

And my response:

I *love* that part of Doctrine and Covenants, and I find it hugely insightful that Joseph Smith would include a hugely personal revelation such as this for all of us.  This humanizes Joseph Smith, which I find very insightful, as well as pointing me to the fact that this revelation isn't only for Joseph, but for all of us.  The invitation to remember that none of us are greater than the Savior of all mankind, the only person who took upon himself all of our sins.  This is an invitation from our Father in Heaven to know our place, to be humble, but then a reassurance of the absolute love our Father in Heaven has for all of us, "for God shall be with you forever and ever."  What a beautiful promise to all of us, if we humble our selves and remember that we aren't better than the Savior of all mankind.  Depending on how you look at it, maybe this could be classified as "tough love", and there it is, in our modern scriptures, just waiting for us to read it.  Great stuff!  Thanks for the reminder John.

Best of luck to all of you, just keep at it, and this too shall pass.

#3 General Stuff » Stick To It! » 2019-12-04 22:04:02

jerbl
Replies: 0
Author Unknown wrote:

“Stick to your task ’til it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place and praise
Will always come to the one who stays.
“Stick to your task ’til it sticks to you;
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too;
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
Will come life’s victories after a while.”

#4 General Stuff » Just Keep (Swimming) Going » 2019-11-25 21:32:40

jerbl
Replies: 0
My Response to a Weekly Devotional wrote:

Sounds like a great achievement, and I am glad that you have made it this far, I don't graduate until next semester, and I am still trying to figure out what I want to do for my senior practicum, but I am sure it will work itself out.  I've found that even if I do stress a little about things, the most important thing is to just keep (swimming) going and not quit, and things will work themselves out.  That is my invincible spell of a sort, and it has worked this far.  I don't always maintain a good attitude about it, so there is at least that which I can still work on, but I know that God has supported me, and will support all of us as we continue to learn to be like him.  The more we learn in this life, the farther ahead we will be on learning everything in the next.

#5 General Stuff » Taking Time to Focus on the Right Things » 2019-11-19 22:46:23

jerbl
Replies: 0

The fragility of mortal life is indisputable, and is only counter-balanced by the immutable supremacy of what is waiting for us after this test of life, everlasting and eternal life with our Father in Heaven, where we can learn and become all that he knows and is.  But despite this knowledge, I get caught up in the news of the day, this person was taken advantage of, that person's life was cut short due to the indiscriminate actions of another, these people were wrongly accused and persecuted for their beliefs, those young people were caught up in a cataclysmic weather event and were ushered out of mortality prematurely.  I thought of a recent general conference talk by Stephen Owen, where he shared with us his experience of losing track of the faith-building effort of scripture study, and instead was swept along at the whims of social media, emails and other things of this world.  His message is what I want to share,

"That morning I missed my scripture study, and consequently I didn't get the spiritual nourishment I was hoping for. ... Modern technologies bless us in many ways. ... However, they can also distract us from the most important connection: our connection with heaven."

The news of the day cannot nourish me, and in fact seems to do the exact opposite, so in an effort to seek after what can nourish me, perhaps I can update myself a little less on the news of the day, and spend just a bit more time on the things that matter most.

#6 General Stuff » How to Become a Genius » 2019-11-19 22:33:18

jerbl
Replies: 0

"Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts. The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it; so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it. How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success? A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed a hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success. … There is no defeat except within, no really insurmountable barrier save one’s own inherent weakness of purpose"

(author unknown, Second Encyclopedia, ed. Jacob M. Brand, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall, 1957, p. 152).

#7 General Stuff » Overlooking the Obvious Blessings of God » 2019-11-19 22:28:53

jerbl
Replies: 0
Elden Chandler wrote:

Hi everyone. I have been thinking for some time of what I would share as this week's devotional, and I thought I would talk a little bit about paying attention to the sacrament. This summer after the sacrament ordinance had just finished, I realized that I had not paid any attention to the prayer or even my own actions of taking the sacrament. This mindless and carelessness alarmed me for I did not remember the prayer being said or taking of the emblems. How thoughtless I had been!

I decided right then that I would treat the sacrament with the attention that is deserved. Since then I try hard to pay close attention to the words of the prayer and I read the words multiple times and think about their meaning while the sacrament is being passed to the congregation.
There is an extension of our ward in an assisted living facility and we have a sacrament service there after our ward finishes our meetings. I have been helping there with the sacrament blessing and passing 1-2 times a month, so that gives me yet another opportunity to participate in the sacrament.

Four years ago, on the first Sunday of the month, our ward did not have bread for the sacrament ready. So, someone went home to get bread while we started the sharing of testimonies portion of the meeting first. The testimonies and sacrament seemed extra special that day.
Sometimes it takes a change of the circumstances for us to really pay close attention. Hopefully we will pay attention without being shocked awake, without us hurting ourselves or those we care about. I hope we all pay very close attention to that which need our close attention. This can include things such as preparing for and participating in the sacrament, our testimonies of the gospel, our loved ones, our studies, living, loving, playing, etc.

What are the things you need to pay close attention to?

And my response: If there is one thing that will be my downfall, it has to be apathy towards the things of God.  You remind me of my own weakness in taking God's blessing for granted, though I've never had too much problem with the sacrament.  I've always valued the words, thinking on how the Bread prayer is longer, and why certain words were omitted in the water.  Additionally why water is now used instead of wine, and how that affects the imagery (potentially) but in spite of that, how it is even more relevant to what is really going on with reminding us about the great drops of blood that fell like sweat or rain from Jesus when he was suffering for all of us in the garden of Gethsemane.  I think the imagery works better with water, but anyway those are my two cents.  I believe the power of what you were trying to share was the fact that we need to recognize when we are overlooking the obvious and simple truths of the gospel that God wants us to cherish, and that apathy towards those truths will be our own individual downfalls.  Thank you for pointing this out, because the best way to tell if I am NOT on the way to apostasy, is if I can recognize that there are things inside of me that need to change, and then do all I can to effect those changes.  Thanks for sharing this poignant message, as per the usual, it is very relevant to me.

#9 General Stuff » Words to Live By…Perhaps A Little Late? » 2019-11-13 21:18:55

jerbl
Replies: 0
Morroni wrote:

“A website that seeks to please everyone at once ends up serving no one at all. The last thing you want to do is create confusion for your valuable web visitors. As long as you keep the different dynamics of your varied audiences in mind, you’ll be able to create an intuitive web design with a cohesive home page that appeals to a primary or universal audience base and specific landing pages that effectively meet the needs of distinct visitor groups.”

Originally posted on 2019-01-28

#10 General Stuff » This One Stings A Little Bit… » 2019-11-13 21:16:34

jerbl
Replies: 0

“The reason we have not yet produced a greater heritage in art and literature and music and drama is not … because we have not had talented people. … Some have reached great heights in their chosen fields. But few have captured the spirit of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the restoration of it in music, in art, in literature. They have not, therefore, even though they were gifted, made a lasting contribution to the onrolling of the Church and kingdom of God in the dispensation of the fulness of times. … They have missed being what they might have become.”

—“The Arts and the Spirit of the Lord,” Boyd K. Packer, Ensign, Aug. 1976, 61.

Originally posted on 2019-02-25

#11 General Stuff » Douglas Crockford on Standards » 2019-11-13 21:13:22

jerbl
Replies: 0

“Its easier to make things bigger, its harder to make things better.”

#12 General Stuff » Pondering on the Absolute Depravity of the Worst of Humanity » 2019-11-13 21:09:52

jerbl
Replies: 0

I’m sitting here frustrated, confused, and absolutely shocked at the utter depravity of the worst of humanity. I guess it hasn’t really hit like this before, not like today. I’ll spare the details if you managed to miss the news about one of the absolute worst human beings currently on this planet, but as I try to come to terms with this mortal test that we are all in, I find myself to be a little confused at how shockingly abhorrent mankind can actually be. Granted, this can’t possibly be the worst thing that humanity has done. I don’t have to look farther than the Book of Mormon to know that it can be worse (Moroni 9:9-10). However, some of the things that have gone through my head haven’t been very loving, and so I wonder as I sit here, what can I do to feel Christ’s love for that person?

“And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore, brethren, despise not the revelations of God.” (Jacob 4:8)

I can’t help but wonder what good can come from trusting the most abhorrent and vile of humans with the ability to impugn the innocence of others. But in that very thought I would sin, because I do not know all of God’s ways. All humans that we can see or know of down here on Earth accepted God’s plan of Happiness, took upon themselves the mortal body, and came here. Each accepted God’s plan in their own way, and each talked with God (I imagine we all did) on what we would do with this body, and how we would do during this test. Therefore, since I do not know what each said or agreed or promised to God, I cannot say that I understand with Eternal clarity why some people here on this earth act the way that they do.

“With the benefit of several years’ experience, Joseph later reflected on the incident, writing, “And thus was this error rooted out, which having its rise in presumption and rash judgement, was the more particularly calculated (when once fairly understood) to teach each and all of us the necessity of humility, and meekness before the Lord, that he might teach us of his ways; that we might walk in his paths, and live by every word which proceedeth forth from his mouth.” (“All Things Must Be Done in Order”, D&C 28, 43, Jeffrey G. Cannon)

Here is where I think I go wrong, in this situation, Oliver thought to guide the hand of God to change a revelation. He wanted to change the words that God himself had given through his messenger. In this thought, he was mistaken, and by acting out in his belief, Oliver had convinced others to think as he. How can I think to know better than God, for then surely there must be a reason that all of us are here, even the most depraved humans, with the most vile acts, even they must have a reason to be here.

“I, Nephi, was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the gift of God unto allthose who diligently seek him, as well in times of old as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men. … For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost” (1 Nephi 10:17,19).

And here is the key, if I want to find out, if I want to discover the knowledge that God has, that for some reason (perhaps my clouded sense of judgement) I cannot understand, then I must seek after the Holy Ghost, who is the way by which all of God’s children can be enlightened. This concept was so important that Nephi told us (at least) twice that we must seek after the Holy Ghost. This wasn’t anything new, Nephi made sure to say, because it had always been this way. God would impart knowledge through the Holy Ghost, if I would do my part in the asking and seeking. In the end, the way to forgiveness, or better said, the way to feel like God feels towards all, including the worst of us, is something that I must seek after, and ask genuinely for. And in my heart, I know this to be the true and only way to do it.

*updated*

Thought I would come back and post this quote that was in my homework, seemed oddly prescient to my earlier thoughts…

“Being in the middle of my college years things can be certainly stressful and I feel like I’ve been through this exact same trial. Sometimes it’s so easy to become bitter towards society and frustrated at even the smallest problems. You start to think that everyone else has a problem and you’re the only sane one around. This depression is so destructive to us and the people around us, and yet it is so prevalent in today’s nonstop world. When I’m in the middle of it I feel like I’m spiraling out of control and collapsing inward. I think that it’s crucial as mentioned in the last comment to ‘slow down’ and look outside of ourselves. That’s how I’ve been able to get through some of the hardest trials I’ve faced in life.”

Originally posted on 2019-03-12

#13 General Stuff » No Power Shall Stay My Hand » 2019-11-13 21:06:21

jerbl
Replies: 0

“At this time your sins are forgiven you, therefore ye receive these things; but remember to sin no more, lest perils shall come upon you … for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts”. (D&C 29:3,7)

In identifying the scriptures that I wanted to put here I was noticing an interesting pattern in the reading this week, one that I wasn’t really ready for, but was certainly in a different vein than last week.  Each week as we partake of the sacrament, we receive a forgiveness of our sins, as we renew our baptismal covenants.  Understanding that but disregarding the full meaning means that the warning comes in full effect, for if we sin again, perils will come.  We must do our best to remain repentant, and sin no more.

[N]o power shall stay my hand”. (D&C 38:33)

The power of Jesus Christ to fulfill his words are absolute, that goes without saying, but there was something very faith building hearing Jesus say it.  Nothing can stay his hand in fulfilling the things that he has promised, which inspires me to fulfill my word to him so that I am on his side.

“I have weighed the matter; I have contemplated … the circumstances in which we may be placed; I have counted the cost, and I am perfectly satisfied to follow you. Yea, it is my desire to do the will of God, come life or come death.” (Sidney Rigdon’s Wife, “Go to the Ohio”, Elizabeth Maki)

I included this one because of the simple testimony of faith and devotion that she expressed.  I falter in my devotion and sometimes in my faith, and the example here of this sister is very inspiring.  I want to be as her, after contemplating, praying, I come to a decision to remain loyal.

“Hearken ye to these words. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Treasure these things up in your hearts, and let the solemnities of eternity rest upon your minds.  Be sober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen.” (D&C 43:34-35)

Tying it all together, we must hearken to his words, through his prophets, through his spirit, however they reach us, we must hearken to them.  He is our brother, our Savior, and our only path back to our Heavenly home.  The invitation that I want to most focus on here is to let the solemnities of eternity rest upon our minds.  What does this mean exactly?  I think it means that as we learn to understand what Eternal Life really is, we start to understand how important and sacred it is, and how it should be the primary thing on our minds.  I fall short in that regard, but I know that reading these scriptures, I can accept Jesus’ invitation to sin no more, trust in his power to do as he has promised, contemplate the real decisions that should be made and commit to them, and treasure the truths that are shared with me in my heart and mind so that I might understand more light and truth and become more like my Heavenly Father.

Originally posted on 2019-03-26

#14 General Stuff » Thoughts On Mortal Man » 2019-11-13 21:01:14

jerbl
Replies: 0

[B]y these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall”. (2 Peter 1:4-10)

I found quite a bit in the week’s material, but there were a few things that jumped out at me.  The first being the path we must take to gain knowledge of Jesus.  The second thing was the qualities that stand opposed to lust, which I believe to be the supreme mortal vice.  The qualities that stand in contrast are faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, kindness, and charity.  There is kind of one before these, which is simply the absence of lust, which would be us overcoming the natural man.

“And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good—yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy; And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of righteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive.” (D&C 11:12-14)

Going back to the first thing that I liked from the previous scripture, about knowledge, I think its important to understand that knowledge flows freely in a mind free of lust.  While it is possible to have both, the true knowledge imparted unto us by the spirit can only come unto us when we are receptive to those spiritual promptings.  A side effect of this knowledge and spiritual connection would be the joy that only God can give to us, true real joy that will last through any trials that we can face in this life, because it is a joy grounded in eternity.

“And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.  Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.  Remember the great and last promise which I have made unto you; cast away your idle thoughts and your excess of laughter far from you.” (D&C 88:67-69)

I thought these were interesting conditions on the whole knowledge/lust train that I was following.  This scripture is more an indication of how we can tell where we are at the time, like a spiritual report card.  If we feel that our eye is single to God’s glory, then all the blessings will flow unto us, even being able to see the face of God (according to his will of course).  What a great promise to each of us as we strive to do what needs to be done in this life.

“Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.  And he that looketh upon a woman to lust after her shall deny the faith, and shall not have the Spirit; and if he repents not he shall be cast out.” (D&C 42:22-23)

As the capstone of my little scripture chain, I return to lust.  The commandment is to love only our spouse, anything more than this is sin and wrong.  If lust enters, then the spirit will leave, one cannot be in the same place as the other.  Our ultimate doom, to be cast out of God’s presence in the last day.  This reminds me that I must face those things that the natural man craves, and root them out, with the help of the spirit.

Originally posted on 2019-04-02

#15 General Stuff » Quote from a forum post on Managed Services (Outsourcing) » 2019-11-13 20:49:51

jerbl
Replies: 0

It really ISN'T 'mind-blowing' .... in the age where a 3rd party vendor is used that has zero connection to the contracting company; where the contact person is being paid (near) minimum wage; where the contact person IS NOT an expert and most likely has gone through a 2 hour "training" program by watching a couple of videos and taking a quiz that a 2nd grader could pass ... it's more 'mind-blowing' that [he] is surprised by the incompetence in the process.

This is especially relevant to me, because my company is currently in the middle of outsourcing EVERYTHING.  And things have started breaking, now that their mantra is "Do Less With Less".

#16 General Stuff » "The Man In The Glass" by Peter Dale Wimbrow Sr. » 2019-11-13 20:47:08

jerbl
Replies: 0

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.

#17 General Stuff » Excerpt from a school assignment on the importance of faith in my life » 2019-11-13 20:45:15

jerbl
Replies: 0

I've always wondered what it would take for me to leave the church.  Strangely, I've never thought that it would be any strange doctrine or occurrence in the church's history, but rather that it would be from apathy.  I would slowly stop doing the things that make the most difference in my life, because I didn't have enough time.  Scripture study, prayer, church attendance, tithing, basically the basic things that open the communication between the mortal and spiritual, eventually closing my spiritual eyes completely, and then I would be susceptible to a falling away.  I wouldn't know I was falling away, because I would just not be where I was supposed to be, time after time.  I've also heard someone that told me that I should never say that I would "never apostatize" because that was the first step to full apostasy.  These are all things that I have thought about anyway, but like you say, the faith that keeps us going day after day is the most important thing that will bind us to God and Jesus, and keep us on the straight and narrow.  We aren't here to be perfectly obedient, but perfectly repentant.  May we all do the needful things and return home to our God and Father.

#18 Re: General Stuff » Really good camera? » 2008-06-07 23:40:33

well, I could say other things, but I was just trying to see if I could still post, and guess what... smile

as for a camera, you probably already have one, I bought the best one tho... canon powershot sd800 is digital elph

#20 General Stuff » Cartoon List » 2006-11-13 14:31:10

jerbl
Replies: 0

It is quite extensive, so here goes...

Avatar
One Piece
Danny Phantom
Skyland
Gargoyles
Mighty Max
Talespin
Gummi Bears
Ducktales
Angelic Layer
Witch
Xialoin Showdown
Darkwing Duck
Animaniacs
American Dragon
Disgaea
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Rescue Rangers
Teen Titans
Earthworm Jim
Yogi Bear
Tiny Toons
Swat Kats
Sonic X
Sonic SATAM
Winx Club
Pinky and the Brain
Full Metal Alchemist
Fruits Basket
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
.Hack Legend of the Twilight
Ground Defense Force Maochan
Powerpuff Girls Z
Aladdin
Bottle Fairy
Dexter's Lab
Final Fantasy Legends of the Crystal (French Subs)
His and Her Circumstances
Kim Possible
Magic Knight Rayearth
Pretear
Sister Princess
Sister Princess Repure
Uninhabited Planet Survive
Someday's Dreamers
Xenosaga
Tsubasa Chronicle
Trigun
Azumanga Daioh
Cardcaptor Sakura
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Future Boy Conan
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu Final
Pitaten
Princess Comet

Some are anime, some are american, some are incomplete.  The list itself is complete.

Currently downloading are these:

Akage no Anne (Anne of Green Gables, by Hayao Miyazaki)
Xmen Evolution
Xmen Animated Series
Code Lyoko
The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy
Inspector Gadget

And ones available on DVD:

Figure 17
Dragon Drive

#21 General Stuff » Weird Dreams » 2006-11-11 15:49:49

jerbl
Replies: 0

I've been having weird dreams ever since I went on vacation, I just thought initially they were because I went home, but they continue, so there must be something else.  The only problem is the only thing I don't remember anything, only the fact that they were strange.

I've finished the physical side of cleaning up my room now that I am home.  I picked up quite a few things from home, so it was time to organize it all and try to make it fit into my existing room.  The second step is now the digital side, I have to go through all the information I brought from home and get it organized so that I might send what I promised and also make sense out of what I need to do.  Photos to burn, cartoons to burn, but first things to organize and encode.  Hopefully should get it done quickly.

My brain is at a slight loss, just because I realize I can't go home again for a while.  I enjoyed it very much, but it also made me realize that I have a lot to do.  Never have I felt so at home, and yet so distant somehow.  Unexplainable, how I can't connect like I once was.  I still try, but its not the same as before.  Can it ever be?

I finished the Halo book, well worth it.  I absolutely love the story to death, I have no explanation why I relate to it so much.  Perhaps because it appeals to my imagination in a way that no other book has managed.  I anxiously await another book, or better, Halo 3.

I resurrected my old Ipod when I got home, it doesn't work the best, the ear jack is so slippery that ear phones pop out.  That was also the day I blew my new Ipod earphones.  Not sure how I did it exactly, but they sound exactly like a blown speaker would.  Unfortunate because they were so awesome.  I had to settle with some Sony Earphones, after trying three others.  Positive note, the Sony ones are OK on the responsive level, and the cable refuses to tangle.  Quite handy.

I bought a DS game finally, its called Touch Detective, absolutely hilarious.  I enjoy a good laugh, it certainly provides.

I got my new battery for my laptop already, absolutely hilarious.  I thought I had gotten the address wrong when I signed up for the replacement.  I called Apple twice to try and confirm whether I had or not, they couldn't tell me either time.  It came yesterday.  If I hadn't been in the shower the day before, I would have gotten it that day, but I missed it then.  A side note, I got a external battery pack a month ago, so that I could power my iPod, I also ordered a DS lite cable, they had run out, but they filled my order as completed.  I emailed them yesterday, asking whey they hadn't sent me my cable yet, I didn't get a response, only two emails that said I had ordered the cable and that it had shipped.  As I had suspected, they had forgotten me.

This will probably be the last update I do on my mac mini, as I am about to slave it to encoding for the next week straight, hope I don't kill it accidentally, since it will be running at 100 percent for that whole time, but it survived last time and its the only computer I have right now that I can use to do it.  The laptop is currently updating, almost done for that, then I will use it.  Been thinking about buying another computer, so that I can have my storage as a server, but I have been informed that I need to focus on something else for the moment.  Well time to get moving so that my sisters don't get mad at me for delaying their DVDs that I promised. ;P

#22 General Stuff » Looking Back » 2006-11-07 07:28:56

jerbl
Replies: 0

Its been more than a week since I got here, and now that it is time to go back, I ponder on what things I have done here.  This wasn't really a trip with any purpose, but I did get to spend a lot of time with my family.  We did things like go to Pizza Street (a pizza buffet in the area) and visit some Bookstores just like old times.  I only went to Walmart three times (I think) in the time that I've been here.  I visited gamestop twice, once to buy a cable that was busted here (the video cable for cube/ps2) and then to buy FFXII (yes I have it already) I also tried to find that new Halo book while I was here, but no such luck.  I tried Target, don't even have Halo books anymore apparently, and I also tried Borders, they won't get it for 2 more days apprently.  I would have tried Barnes and Nobles, but I remembered that it came out too late, and had already left the store.  I am reminded that I love books, there are many sequels of books I love, Artemis Fowl, People of the Spark, Septimus Heap, Maximum Ride, Inkheart, and another one that I don't remember that is about a boy with special powers and a lock of white hair...  not remembering, all well.  Well its about time to wrap it up, at eight I leave for the airport, and by tonight I'll be back to work.  I suppose that is the way of things.

#23 General Stuff » Its all over... » 2006-11-06 11:26:20

jerbl
Replies: 1

My vacation is officially drawing to a close.  I have learned many things, such that my current sleeping habits suck.  Now more than ever I understand that I need to get my schedule back in line with something reasonable, like going to sleep when I get home.  This trip was notable different without Mike here.  I miss him, but I know that he is on God's errand, plus I don't think people should be shackled with my feelings, so double whammy.  I have just about completed my huge list of downloads, in case anybody is interested:

Future Boy Conan (better quality)
Final Fantasy Legends of the Crystals
Sister Princess
Sister Princes Repure
Cosmic Baton Girl Cometsan (Princess Comet)
Pitaten
Fruits Basket
Someday's Dreamers
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
.Hack Legend of the Twilight
Tsubasa Chronicle
Azumanga Daioh
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Hare + Guu
Kim Possible (different encoder)
Magic Knight Rayearth
Uninhabited Planet Survive
Ground Defense Force! Mao Chan
Trigun
Aladdin
Bottle Fairy
Card Captor Sakura
Pretear

The above is in no particular order, save that the first few are not quite complete yet, might have to finish them at home.  This plus a million movies has filled all my 320 GB, unbelievable.

#24 Re: General Stuff » Wow! What happened, Nobuo? » 2006-11-06 11:16:38

And then out of the sky comes Final Fantasy Tracks.

Must have just barely been listening to them.

#25 General Stuff » Jami is Sick » 2006-11-05 21:09:01

jerbl
Replies: 0

Got this in my email, lets keep her in our prayers.

Dear Everyone,

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to e-mail you guys. Lucinda's compie went ka-put and I didn't have a laptop for a couple days and my phone is still dead. However, I just got the charger, so now I'll be able to use my phone.

So, here's the news.

Things got bad. I was bed ridden for a few days again, and it looks like my spleen is larger than it should be, so they might end up taking it out. I am one step away from kemotherapy. My platelets, thank Father, have come back up today, so I am doing better. However, my LDH is up and that's not too good. They're giving me heavy dosages of steroids along with a lot of other medicines. O_o I have a catheter in my neck, and it's getting really irritated beause of the tape and it quite hurts but that's okay. If I don't improve tomorrow, then they will start kemotherapy. I will be in the hospital for another couple of weeks. (So, yes, Amy/Heather, I'll be here for my birthday! tongue So come visit if you do want to.) Thankfully the doctor said I could walk around today beause I'm a little healthier. However, I know the journey is far from over. Part of me is extremely stressed and uptight and worried and all those other things. @_@ The rest of me is just thankful to be alive.

I have had several blessings. The last one said I would recover, but that it would require patience and long-suffering. I know even after I get out of this hospital that I will be followed by a hematologyst for the next couple of months. I basically don't have an immune system but I am bound and determined to make it through somehow. Anyway, for those who are curious, my hospital addy is:

LDS Hospital
Room E822
8th Ave & C St
Salt Lake City, UT 84143

and the phone number is (801) 408-3822. You can also call my cell, which I think most of you have, but if you don't, just e-mail me and I'll give it to you.

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm sorry I'm jumping between positive and not. @_@ It's semi-insane. Okay, no, really, it IS insane but oh well. ^o^ I'm sorta la frazzled.

I know this is for my good...yes, indeed, it is. ^_^

I'll talk to you all later!

Love,

Jami

P.P.S. For those of you who don't know, I have a rare blood disease called TTP. ^_^ I've been in the hospital the past two weeks. Heh.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB